The official press pack is out, and weâ€™ve got all the gossip – including who is presenting Big Mouth this year!
â€œThis summer, Big Brother returns to Channel 4 and E4 with an even bigger eighth series. On Wednesday 30 May, a brand new gaggle of housemates will move into a transformed Big Brother house and viewers will be able to watch their every move on both Channel 4, E4 and online.â€
Big Brotherâ€™s mischievous sibling is back as Dermot Oâ€™Leary presents the essential half-hour fanzine show, delivering all the latest news, views and access to all areas of the house. Dermot delivers his own unique insight into the latest shenanigans live from the Big Brother nerve centre, and fans can catch insider scoops on upcoming twists and the very first in-depth interviews with evicted housemates on their return to the outside world.
Dermot will be regularly joined by the housematesâ€™ relatives, friends and workmates, who will reveal what their loved ones are really like in the outside world. In addition to all this, celebrities, journalists, psychologists and other experts will also be dropping in to discuss the latest happenings in the house.
Broadcast live in the shadow of the Big Brother house straight after the nightly Channel 4 show, Big Brotherâ€™s Big Mouth is a fast-paced vibrant arena for all Big Brother fans to air their views and ask the questions on everybodyâ€™s lips. In front of a live studio audience, special guest presenters will preside over a panel of experts – including journalists, celebrities, obsessive fans and friends and relatives of the housemates – will dissect all the latest news and gossip in the house. Plus viewers can get involved by calling and ranting into the Big Brotherâ€™s Big Mouth mouthpiece, emailing or texting their thoughts and becoming a member of the studio audience.
Big Mouth will be fronted by a different guest presenter each week. In front of a live audience, each week a new front person will ensure house events are hotly debated – leaving no topic or house event ignored. Big Brother will get back to you with names! Also, Big Mouth will air on Channel 4 every Friday.
On The Couch
Davina commented: â€œIâ€™m really excited about doing this show. The psychologists take on our housemates has always fascinated me so to sit down and have a natter about the weekâ€™s antics in the BB house will be a treat.â€
Commissioning Editor, Gideon Joseph said of the new addition: â€œUnpicking the psychology of the housemates and tackling the big themes that emerge over the summer is going to be at the heart of Big Brother On The Couch. It will be the viewerâ€™s chance to have large Sunday gulp of insightful entertainment and is a welcome addition to the BB family of shows.â€
Diary Room Uncut will air on Saturday and Sunday nights on E4.
Every Friday, the housemates who face eviction that night have to present their own radio show that morning. They know itâ€™s their final opportunity to reach the voters. From news bulletins, weather reports, interviews and jingles, itâ€™s last-chance radio, and itâ€™s a Big Brother exclusive to Channel 4 Radio. A radio show left in the hands of the nominated housematesâ€¦who knows what will happen?
Last summer, the site received more than 602 million hits and this year, the definitive Big Brother resource will, for the very first time, give fans the chance to be privy to diaries from the evicted housemates. From the moment they step out of the house, they will share their experiences and inner-most thoughts exclusively with our online community.
More info about the new house then:
* The new batch of housemates will reside in the famous Big Brother house, located within Elstree Film and Television Studios in Hertfordshire. The house is, as always, fully equipped with state-of-the-art audio and visual recording equipment to document every movement made and every word said in the house and garden, 24 hours a day. There are 41 cameras this year.
* There will be one bedroom for all the housemates to share. There will also be a larder just off the kitchen area. In terms of decor, the house will have a modern feel to it, with clean lines and elegant furniture. The garden comes complete with a swimming pool.
* Big Brother 8 housemates will face a mixed up modernistic sur-reality house when they arrive â€“ nothing is where it should be. It may all look glamorous with designer mod cons but the house will be hard work for its new residents.
* A giant blue roll-top bath in the raspberry pink living room will be the first indication that all is not as it should be. Itâ€™ll be like bathing in a disco with multi-coloured light panels surrounding it. But that is just the beginningâ€¦
* Just cooking a meal may take team work. At the furthest point away from what appears to be the â€˜kitchenâ€™ is the housemates fridge/freezer â€“ outside in the garden. The sink is on one side of the main living area, and the hotplate opposite is set amongst a wall of white cubes. But where is the cooker?
* For those with an eye for pop culture, there are plenty of â€˜artyâ€™ references in the house. Thereâ€™s Big Brotherâ€™s very own homage to Brit art bad boy, Damian Hurst â€“ a split rubber chicken suspended in clear boxes. A cheeky, Warhol-inspired target is painted on the white floor in the living room and the oval cut out white and blue wall is also inspired by the Barak Architects, who the designed the â€˜Cheese Houseâ€™ building in Nitra, Slovakia.
* For the first time the Diary Room will have a lit corridor that will indicate if the room is in use, by changing colour from red to green when the Diary Room button is pushed.
* Tea and toast will be a luxury the housemates may have to live without, as the kettle and toaster are locked away in a see-through box. Only Big Brother will decide when theyâ€™ll get access.
* A retro 70â€™s designed blue and black phone is nestled on the sink bench â€“ but who will be calling and will the housemates be able to phone home?
* The white dining room table is surrounded by white retro designer chairs and stools.
* A corrugated water butt in the garden will enable the housemates to collect and use water for the garden.
* Recycling bins in the food storage area will help the housemates to be environmentally friendly
* A closed blind on the outside of the window in the living room, but whoâ€™ll be peeping in?
* One half of the living area is raspberry pink floor to ceiling – and the other half is baby blue
* Two large circular windows look onto the garden. But will it just be Big Brother keeping an eye on sunbathing housemates?
Big Brother house designer Patrick Watson says, â€œIt has taken 8,000 man hours to construct the house for this summerâ€™s housemates. This year we have gone for a cleaner, more adult look, using more textures and colours to brand each area.â€
Live Eviction Shows – Fridays
Big Brotherâ€™s Big Mouth – Fridays
Big Brotherâ€™s Little Brother – Sunday afternoons
Big Brother On The Couch – Sundays
Highlights – Sunday to Friday
Big Brother Live – Every day
Big Brotherâ€™s Little Brother â€“ Monday to Friday
Big Brotherâ€™s Big Mouth â€“ Tuesday to Thursday (times vary) with Fridays on Channel 4
Big Brother: Diary Room Uncut â€“ Saturday and Sunday (times vary)
Big Brother Live – Every day
Finally, the nominations and evictions procedure remains unchanged – of course!